It's of the most important that we safeguard both ourselves as volunteers carrying out tasks for vulnerable people, and those that we come into contact with. Please remember these key points:
- Keep a distance of no less than 2 meters with anyone still shielding (yes there are still people shielding).
- Never touch anyone shielding, even if your intention is to provide physical support.
- Do not enter another person's home without prior consent from the MA|RR Office.
- Do not offer any legal or medical advice.
- Never accept money up-front for shopping.
- If you're concerned about someone - for example, if they cannot put their shopping away themselves - please signpost or refer them on to the necessary person or agency that can help them, eg. Social Services. We're here to help if you want to discuss the best course of action.
- Confidentiality - please respect people's private information. Whether this be; their personal details which you should not share without permission from that person, any discussion about a person's private life, which should remain between you and the Admin Team and only if relevant to the help you are able to provide assistance to. Please handle every person's information with discretion to ensure that the people we help are treated with respect and dignity.
- Be accountable to the people you help! Every task will be recorded on the TeamBee platform and the person you are helping will be provided with your name. Please use 141 before any calls and ensure that Kate or Sarah in the admin team are kept up to date with any issues which may arise.
Check out our Introductory video and If you have any questions just shout!